IB Changes for 2019 and beyond:
The IB Programme will now only be offered at Fike High School. Students who wish to be in the IB Programme will have to transfer to Fike their junior year. Transportation will be provided from Hunt for them. Students will be full-fledged Fike students, capable of competing in sports and extracurriculars at that school. They will graduate a Fike Demon.
IB learners strive to be: inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced and reflective.
The IB Diploma Programme (DP) is an academically challenging and balanced programme of education with final examinations that prepares students, aged 16 to 19, for success at university and life beyond. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme, has gained recognition and respect from the world’s leading universities.
The Diploma Programme is renowned not only for its rigor, but also for the quality of its content.
The Diploma Programme prepares students for effective participation in a rapidly evolving and increasingly global society as they:
- develop physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
- acquire breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, studying courses from 6 subject groups
- develop the skills and a positive attitude toward learning that will prepare them for higher education
- study a new language and increase understanding of cultures, including their own
- make connections across traditional academic disciplines and explore the nature of knowledge in TOK
- undertake in-depth research of a topic of their choosing with the extended essay
- enhance their personal and interpersonal development through creativity, action and service
Are you... inquisitive? hard-working? motivated? self-disciplined? determined to succeed?
Do you want to... learn more about other cultures? complete service learning projects? challenge yourself?
Then join us and Be Prepared. Be IB.